Monday, December 8, 2008

Two Fours

Disclaimer: a week ago, I had minor hand surgery which has been a total thorn in the side of my life in general. I have stitches in my palm which hurt and the anesthetic appears to have NOT worn off. I have a numb middle finger. (You may laugh now if you like. I would if it wasn't me.) Typing is quite difficult when you have a a tender palm and a numb finger. Any typos may be attributed to the finger issue.

Here is the fourth photo from my fourth folder.
Logan Canyon, my mom, and my niece, Erika. I believe this was taken in 2006 shortly after my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, metasticized to her liver, 6 months to live. (In case you are new to my blog, my mom has survived nearly 2 1/2 years and is in terrific health today.) See the hat she's wearing? There's no hair under it. She was very sick then. No one knows how she got so healthy. Here's my hypothesis:

1. Lots of prayer, fasting, blessings, temple attendance
2. Reduction of big, out of control stresses
3. Changing to an intensely healthy diet (all vegetables, yo!) and adding exercise
4. Maybe the green stuff helped? (Fletchers, if you're reading this, you know what I'm talkin' about)
5. Competent medical care

Here's the bottom line: maybe you can't control all your health issues. None of us knows when our time will come. But, you know, if my mom can get to the brink of death and then come...no, bounce back, I think that we're at least partially in control of our health and possibly our mortality. SO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODIES!

No comments: